Category Archives: Dusting Body Powder
Lots and lots of questions lately about our natural body powder. So think of this as a faq and a few tips type of post. Our body powder is something my family uses every single day and most days many times a day in the summer. It keeps us cooler and drier, helps absorb odors and is silky smooth and smells terrific too. I also use it to freshen sneakers, for a quick dry hair wash on the days I don’t want to shampoo my hair.
This is not a new recipe around here and I actually have been using it since my now almost 35 son was a baby. I have used it for many years on the elderly with great success and the animals every so often.
I only use the purest, organic ingredients I can find, and I am always on the hunt and trying new suppliers. This goes on and stays on me and my families skin so it HAS to be safe- this powder could be eaten if you wanted to but I don’t suggest that you do.
I start with my trusty recipe of organic arrowroot, tapioca, 2 types of clays, and rice, all very fine silky smooth and double sifted. This is where our two lines separate. We offer our HERBAL BLEND Line and our FRAGRANCE line of natural body powders.
The herbal blend dusting powder then has freshly dried and finely ground herbs of lavender, calendula and chamomile blended into them as well as the plant oils. That’s it nothing artificial in our herbal blend powder. Available the following ways.
Herbal blend – incorporates calendula, chamomile and lavender and has a lovely lavender scent
Lavender blend– incorporates lavender and its essential oils, it also has a lavender scent.
Unscented – Is the same calendula, chamomile and lavender blend but without the added lavender essence. The scent is if the natural ingredients…pure and simple.
Lizzy Babies– our line of ultra effective and gently baby products. We have powder that features a single herb and plenty of other choices too.
Our Fragrance Body Powders are the same base recipe but without the added herbs and all of these are scented with skin safe fragrance oils. Now in over 45 different scents. Fragrance oil is not a plant oil, it is synthetic and manmade, I use these for scents not found in nature and for when the plant essence is well beyond practical means of production, can not be extracted from the plant and pricing.
The Sizes offered in bulk. 4 oz. 8 oz. and 1 pound (16 oz.) all will arrive to you in a pretty organza bag in which you will find your powder in food safe plastic bags. With the 1 pound bulk bags your powder is in 2 8 ounce bags, one to use now and one to keep fresh for later or sharing. Each has a pretty hang tag with a full ingredient list and your scent choice.
Our shakers and powder dishes…oh’ how I ♥ them all…
- our 6 ounce refillable aluminum powder shakers are so pretty and environmentally practical, they feature a slip off cap to refill your shaker when needed. They also have the perfect sized holes and a slip lid to close it securely.
- There are also our glass and stainless shakers that hold about 6 ounces of fresh powder. They too are refillable and have your choice of several size holes to shake the amount you need. The slip lid closes the cap.
- Then there is our stainless steel travel size shake that holds about 1.5 ounces, is also refillable and has your choice of hole sizes and is closable too.
- Pretty pressed glass covered powder dishes hold as much or as little powder as you would like.
- Our sleek black metal powder tins hold 4 ounces of body powder, and include a disc to help distribute the powder so you can apply a perfect amount of powder with the included handmade cotton powder puff. Each powder puff I make one at a time, they are machine washable and fit our containers perfectly.
- Last but not least is our Elite Ball jars. These hold 4 ounces of body powder; are refillable and come with a homemade cotton dusting puff. Reusable for not only powder but all types of things and if you can’t use it I bet you know someone who is a home canner and they would love the jar.
A few tips:
- Store you fresh body powder in an air tight container in a cool dry place. The bathroom cupboard is not it. Transferring it to a glass container will help it stay fresh longer.
- Use within 6 months as this contains no preservatives
- Keep your body powder covered to retain its scent and freshness.
- The easiest way to transfer our bulk powders is to use a pair of scissors to snip off the pointy end of the plastic bag and it will flow out the bag into your container. If you cut is small enough you don’t even need a funnel to fill the shaker bottles.
- FREE is the way to be… All our bath powders are GMO free, talc free, cornstarch free, colorant free, preservative free. They are cloth diaper safe, safe for children, the elderly and your pets. If using on a pet double check you are using our UNSCENTED powder. Some essential oils are not safe for cats and dogs.
And as always I am only a click away to answer any other questions you may have. I am always happy to put up a listing for you so your order is exactly the way you want it.
Here are few links for you to our Etsy shop while I work on the listing at our Summer Kitchen shop.
Herbal blend powders in all containers, and quantities.